DAILY UPDATES 23 AUG 2020
- BIODEGRADABLE FACE MASKTO FIGHT AGAINST COVID-19: Defence Institute of Advanced Technology (DIAT) (DU) has launched two products namely “Pavitrapati” & “Aushada tara” to fight against COVID-19. This will act as a virus neutraliser in order to provide resistance against the bacteria/virus.
- POST-COVID-19 FOLLOW UP CLINIC: The Tamil Nadu Health Department has launched the Post-COVID-19 Follow-Up Clinic in Chennai. It is exclusively for those who recovered from the viral infection and later suffer from other diseases.
- Health Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan presided over an online orientation workshop organised by the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) as part of its Eat Right Challenge.
- INSTANT ACCOUNT OPENING FACILITY: Lakshmi Vilas Bank (LVB), one of Tamil Nadu’s oldest private banks has launched Lakshmi DigiGo, a digital initiative to enable the opening of savings to account instantly. Lakshmi DigiGo is a savings account with select features, including internet and mobile Banking.
- INDIRA RASOI SCHEME: The Ashok Gehlot-led Rajasthan government launched its ambitious Indira Rasoi scheme on the 76th birth anniversary of late Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi. The government aims at providing food at a nominal price of Rs 8 under this scheme to those in need.
- JHARKHAND GOVERNMENT LAUNCHED NEW STATE EMBLEM: Jharkhand Chief Minister Hemant Soren launched the new state emblem at a ceremony at the Aryabhatt Hall in Ranchi, twenty years after the state was carved out of Bihar, saying that the emblem will represent the state in from “all aspects”.
- A VIDEO GAME LAUNCHES TO SPREAD AWARENESS ABOUT COVID-19: Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan launched a first-of-its-kind, interactive video game and two new promotional videos urging people to adhere to key COVID-19-appropriate behaviours.
- ANNUAL CLEAN SURVEY 2020: For the fourth year in a row, Indore has been ranked the cleanest city in the country, according to a Swachh Survekshan 2020 report released by the Union Housing and Urban Affairs Ministry.
- The Union Cabinet has approved a proposal to set up of a National Recruitment Agency (NRA) that will conduct a Common Eligibility Test (CET) for non-gazetted posts in both central government departments, and public sector banks.