News Update 1 Aug 2020-
1. Madras High Court has sent a warning of contempt proceedings to schools insisting on full payment of fees.
2. The government has refused to allow virtual meetings of Parliamentary standing committee despite repeated demands from the opposition parties, citing confidently norms.
3. Virat Kohli in a spot for endorsing online Gambling Platform, Plea in Madras HC seeks arrest.
4. Rajasthan Assembly Chief Whip moves SC against the Rajasthan HC order.
5. The two Asian giants constantly have face-offs with each other. While the present one along the LAC is more serious, with winter approaching, India should be prepared for the long haul.
6. Activist Rehana Fathima approaches SC against Kerala HC order which denied her anticipatory bail over a video showing her children painting her semi-nude body.
7. Rahul Gaur, the son of real estate group Gaursons’ chairman BL Gaur and his wife Navneet, booked by CBI for cheating Bank of Baroda, Syndicate Bank of Rs. 80 Cr.
8. ‘Gurugram district court’ has issued summon to Jack Ma, the Chinese billionaire and founder of Alibaba in a case filed by its former India – based employee.
9. Madras HC allows advocates to apply for presiding officer post in Debt Recovery Tribunal.
10. A letter to CJI SA Bobde for urgent hearing of pending PIL on polygamy, nikah halala, etc.
11. Supreme Court in the recent Judgment in “Vijay Kurle & Ors, being Suo Motu Contempt Petition (Criminal) No. 2 of 2019” Settle the position that in suo motu Criminal Contempt cases, the Consent of Attorney General is not required.